Happy Friday! In this week’s edition of #FundingFriday, we are highlighting opportunities from the Departments of Transportation, Veterans Affairs, Agriculture and other federal grant-making agencies. All have closing dates in August or September, so there is still time to apply!
Note to Federal Agencies: If you have specific grant opportunities you would like the Grants.gov Community Blog to highlight in our weekly posts, please email us at Community@Grants.gov.
Public Transportation on Indian Reservations Program
- Agency: Department of Transportation, Federal Transit Administration
- Closing Date: September 10, 2018
- About the Opportunity: The Federal Transit Administration (FTA) announces the availability of approximately $5 million in funding provided by the Public Transportation on Indian Reservations Program (Tribal Transit Program (TTP)), as authorized by 49 U.S.C. 5311(c)(1)(A), as amended by the Fixing America’s Surface Transportation Act (FAST), Public Law 114-94 (December 4, 2015). This is a national solicitation for project proposals and includes the selection criteria and program eligibility information for Fiscal Year 2018 projects. The primary purpose of these competitively selected grants is to support planning, capital, and, in limited circumstances, operating assistance for tribal public transit services. Funds distributed to Indian tribes under the TTP should not replace or reduce funds that Indian tribes receive from states through FTA’s Section 5311 program.
Grants for Transportation of Veterans in Highly Rural Areas
- Agency: Department of Veterans Affairs
- Closing Date: August 5, 2018
- About the Opportunity: In accordance with 38 CFR 17.710, VA is issuing this Notice of Funding Availability (Notice) for new grants under the Grants for Transportation of Veterans in Highly Rural Areas Program for fiscal year 2018. Approximately $1 million is authorized to be appropriated for this fiscal year.
Montana Conservation Garden Project
- Agency: Department of Agriculture, Natural Resources Conservation Service
- Closing Date: August 10, 2018
- About the Opportunity: The Natural Resources Conservation Service – Montana State Office, an agency under the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), is seeking support from and opportunities to partner with like-minded natural resource conservation partners to develop community gardens, pollinator gardens and/or seasonal high tunnels. The overall intent of this opportunity is to solicit partnerships to help enhance the implementation of key conservation objectives and priorities outlined further in this document.
U.S. Embassy English Language Program
- Agency: Department of State, U.S. Mission to Myanmar
- Closing Date: August 15, 2018
- About the Opportunity: The U.S. Embassy seeks a grantee to manage all academic and administrative processes of the ELP offered through the American Center in Rangoon and the Jefferson Center in Mandalay. The ELP is an integral part of the U.S. Embassy’s outreach strategy and the Recipient is expected to uphold and enhance the reputation and brand of the American and Jefferson Centers.
Empowering Women and Girls in Supply Chains
- Agency: Department of Labor, Bureau of International Labor Affairs
- Closing Date: August 20, 2018
- About the Opportunity: The objective of the project is to reduce the risk of child labor, forced labor, and other violations of labor rights for vulnerable women and girls within an identified supply chain. The project will aim to achieve the following outcomes: (1) improved economic participation by women and girls vulnerable to child labor, forced labor, and/or other violations of labor rights within a supply chain; and (2) improved business practices by private sector actors to protect against child labor, forced labor, and other violations of labor rights for vulnerable women and girls working within a supply chain. Applicants must propose a country covered in the DOL’s Findings on the Worst Forms of Child Labor in accordance with the Trade and Development Act of 2000.