This week’s edition of #FundingFriday highlights new grant opportunities supporting…
- the programs and services of Native American libraries
- local programming designed to place volunteers in communities to assist older adults and individuals with disabilities in maintaining independence
- innovative projects that help reduce crashes, injuries, and fatalities involving large trucks and buses
- and more!
Native American Library Services Enhancement Grant
- Institute of Museum and Library Services
- Current Closing Date for Applications: May 1, 2019
- Native American Enhancement grants are competitive grants available to carry out activities, described in 20 U.S.C. 9141, that advance the programs and services of eligible Native American libraries.
Burma Leadership Activity
- Agency for International Development, Burma USAID – Rangoon
- Current Closing Date for Applications: April 22, 2019
- The United States Agency for International Development (USAID/Burma) is seeking applications for a Cooperative Agreement from qualified US and non-US organizations to implement the Burma Leadership Activity in which USAID seeks to provide no more than $19 million in total USAID funding over a 5-year period. The Burma Leadership Activity is a scholarship program for promising young individuals in Burma to improve technical competencies and leadership. The scholarship program will also prepare participants to promote respect for ethnic and religious diversity.
Planning Grants for Engineering Research Centers (ERC)
- National Science Foundation
- Current Closing Date for Applications: June 3, 2019
- The ERC program is placing greater emphasis on research that leads to societal impact, including convergent approaches, engaging stakeholder communities, and strengthening team formation, in response to the NASEM study recommendations. The ERC program intends to support planning activities leading to convergent research team formation and capacity-building within the engineering community.
FY19 High Priority-Commercial Motor Vehicle Grant Program (HP-CMV)
- Department of Transportation, DOT/Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
- Current Closing Date for Applications: April 16, 2019
- The U.S. Department of Transportation’s Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) announces the Fiscal Year (FY) 2019 High Priority-Commercial Motor Vehicle (HP-CMV) program Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) to solicit applications from eligible entities to support the HP-CMV program activities. As the lead government agency responsible for the regulation and safety oversight of commercial motor vehicles (CMV), FMCSA may award HP-CMV funds to support innovative and impactful projects that advance its mission to reduce crashes, injuries, and fatalities involving large trucks and buses. Funding is available for the support of enforcement projects that improve safety and compliance with FMCSA’s regulations for projects that are national in scope, increase public awareness and education, demonstrate new technologies, and reduce the number/rate of CMV crashes.
Forecast: National Volunteer Care Corps
- Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Community Living
- Estimated Application Due Date: June 7, 2019
- The Administration for Community Living/Administration on Aging (ACL/AoA) is making this competitive grant opportunity available to eligible entities for the purpose of testing and supporting models of local programming designed to place volunteers in communities to assist family caregivers and/or assists older adults and individuals with disabilities in maintaining independence by providing non-medical care.
Federal Agencies and Offices on Twitter
The @USDA is seeking applications for Distance Learning & Telemedicine Grants. Listen to this brief radio clip where @SecretarySonny & senior advisor to the White House drug control policy Anne Hazlett discuss how DLT is primed to combat opioid misuse 🔊https://t.co/fTMZ4JM8T8 pic.twitter.com/LV64eKd0sa
— Rural Development (@usdaRD) February 26, 2019
.@USAID is shifting gears to leverage new & underutilized partners, especially #privatesector & local partners, to drive the Journey to Self-Reliance. 🚗 Learn more in our Acquisition and Assistance Strategy: https://t.co/MrsxVMetcp pic.twitter.com/9wuqV8Y6nl
— GlobalDevLab (@GlobalDevLab) February 26, 2019
NCI Small Business Innovation Research Development Center
NIH Matchmaker is a great tool for new and seasoned entrepreneurs alike. Put in the keywords of your project and find out if NIH has funded a similar study. https://t.co/DstYc03vWL pic.twitter.com/QG1VTd47Ht
— NCI SBIR (@NCIsbir) March 1, 2019