This week’s edition of Federal Funding Spotlight contains a curated list of open opportunities in the fields of science and technology, including opportunities from the National Science Foundation, NASA, the Department of Defense and the Department of Commerce.
Click here for a list of the latest funding opportunity announcements published on Grants.gov.
Centers of Research Excellence in Science and Technology (CREST) and HBCU Research Infrastructure for Science and Engineering (HBCU-RISE)
- National Science Foundation | Current Closing Date for Applications: December 6, 2019
- The Centers of Research Excellence in Science and Technology (CREST) program provides support to enhance the research capabilities of minority-serving institutions (MSI) through the establishment of centers that effectively integrate education and research.
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration , NASA Headquarters | Current Closing Date for Applications: November 15, 2019
- The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) Science Mission Directorate (SMD) Research Opportunities in Space and Earth Sciences (ROSES) is an omnibus NRA, with many individual program elements, each with its own due dates and topics. All together these cover the wide range of basic and applied supporting research and technology in space and Earth sciences supported by SMD.
- National Science Foundation | Current Closing Date for Applications: March 25, 2020
- The National Science Foundation (NSF) Scholarships in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (S-STEM) program addresses the need for a high quality STEM workforce in STEM disciplines supported by the program and for the increased success of low-income academically talented students with demonstrated financial need who are pursuing associate, baccalaureate, or graduate degrees in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) , .
U.S. Army Research Institute for the Behavioral and Social Sciences Broad Agency Announcement for Basic, Applied, and Advanced Research (Fiscal Years 2018-2023)
- Department of Defense, Dept of the Army, Materiel Command | Current Closing Date for Applications: April 29, 2023
- The U.S. Army Research Institute for the Behavioral and Social Sciences is the Army’s lead agency for the conduct of research, development, and analyses for the improvement of Army readiness and performance via research advances and applications of the behavioral and social sciences that address personnel, organization, training, and leader development issues. Programs funded under this BAA include basic research, applied research, and advanced technology development that can improve human performance and Army readiness.
- Department of Commerce | Current Closing Date for Applications: November 20, 2019
- The Collaborative Science, Technology, and Applied Research (CSTAR) Program represents a National Weather Service effort to create a cost-effective transition from basic and applied research to operations and services through collaborative research between operational forecasters and academic institutions which have expertise in the environmental sciences.