The Office of Management and Budget’s proposed revisions to Title 2 of the Code of Federal Regulations, including 2 CFR 200 (Uniform Guidance), are currently open for public comments through March 23, 2020.
The OMB President’s Management Agenda team breaks the proposed revisions into the following three categories:
- “They (the revisions) support implementation of the President’s Management Agenda Results‐Oriented Accountability for Grants CAP Goal and other Administration priorities.”
- “They (the revisions) meet statutory requirements and to align with other authoritative source requirements.”
- “They (the revisions) clarify existing requirements.”
The PMA team recently highlighted some of the proposed revisions at a public listening session. They include:
- Strengthening merit review by requiring a merit review process for discretionary grants (§200..204)
- Clarifying the responsibilities of the pass‐through entity to address only a subrecipient’s audit findings related to their specific subaward (§200.331)
- Standardization of terminology and implementation of standard data elements (§§ 200.1, 200.301, 200.312(c), 200.328(b)(2))
- Emphasizing stewardship and results‐oriented accountability for grant program results (§§ 200.202, 200.102(d), 200.205, 200.207, 200.210(a), 200.210(b)(17), 200.210(c)(2), 200.210(c)(iv), 200.210(c)(v), §200.301, 200.339(a)(2), Appendix I (A) & (B))
To comment on these and other proposed revisions, click here.