Grants.gov Workspace allows applicant teams to easily collaborate on federal funding opportunity applications and get their submissions across the finish line.
Since many applicant teams find themselves working remotely these days, we want to highlight Workspace features that, along with the Grants.gov Mobile App, can assist applicant teams and help to streamline collaboration.
With Grants.gov Workspace, applicant teams have the…
- Ability to create a team in Workspace. Any users with one of the “Manage Participants” privileges can add team members from both inside and outside of their organization, called participants, to a workspace. To add team members who are not part of your organization to your workspace, such as external consultants and grant writers, you just need their Grants.gov username or email address.
- Ability to provide form-level access. This means that individual participants of the workspace can be given access to specific forms, ensuring that certain data can be protected.
- Ability to lock forms. Participants can “lock” forms to protect their work and ensure that other team members do not make unwanted changes.
- Ability to reuse forms. Participants can “reuse” forms from existing workspaces, saving the organization time and resources. This reuse feature can be used by anyone on the team: by the Workspace Owner when first creating the workspace, and/or by individual participants working on a specific form.
- Ability to have online-offline collaboration. Participants can opt to complete certain forms collaboratively in a web browser, or download, share and fill out offline as .pdf files. For example, some teams may prefer to complete narrative forms online and budget forms offline.
- Ability to easily find contact information for team members. Users who are part of a workspace can quickly locate contact information for other participants under the Participants Tab. This makes it easy to reach out to collaborators who are working remotely.
- Ability to submit from the website or mobile app. If a deadline is looming, the team member with “Submit” privileges does not need to stay by the computer until other team members have finished working on any remaining forms. He or she can also submit the completed application on the go using the Grants.gov Mobile App. Don’t have the app? Download it today on Google Play or Apple’s App Store.
- Ability to check the status of submissions from the website or mobile app. Your team can opt to receive mobile notifications with status updates.
To learn more about Grants.gov Workspace features, watch our “Learning Workspace” video series on YouTube.