Sometimes applicants have questions about the specific requirements for a funding opportunity. For example, they might seek a clarification about what should be included in a budget narrative. Or they may have trouble accessing the full Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) electronically.
When questions like these arise, applicants should reach out to the Grantor Contact listed near the bottom of the Synopsis tab on the FOA (called the View Grant Opportunity page in Grants.gov).
Instructions for finding Grantor Contact information
- Go to the FOA on Grants.gov—either by clicking the FOA’s Opportunity Number in your search results or from a direct link you have bookmarked.
- Under the Synopsis tab, scroll down to the section that reads Additional Information.
- Look to the right of Grantor Contact Information field for information on where to address your question. The above example from the National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) shows both a physical address and an email address. The type of contact information listed can differ from agency to agency, and from program to program.
- Next, click on the Package tab.
- Click the Preview link associated with the desired opportunity package. The Preview Opportunity Package Details popup window will open.
- Look under the Opportunity Package Details section for additional Agency Contact information. (See example below).
One final tip: Applicants will also want to access and carefully review the FOA’s Related Documents in case other contact information is listed by the grant-making agency.