Determining your eligibility for federal grants is an important first step in the federal grant application process.
Funding opportunity eligibility requirements are defined by legislation and federal agency policies. To receive a grant, you must meet an opportunity’s eligibility requirements.
Here are some tips for finding federal funding opportunities for which you may be eligible:
Continue reading How to Determine Eligibility for Federal Funding Opportunities
This week’s edition of #FundingFriday highlights new funding opportunity announcements published by the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA). For a full list of open NEA opportunities, click here.
National Endowment for the Arts
Closing Date: January 15, 2019
Through grants with other funders, the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) has a long history of bringing the benefits of international exchange to audiences, artists, and arts organizations nationwide. For many years, however, there have been limited opportunities for foreign arts presenters to come to the U.S. and see artists at events in geographically diverse areas of our country. Programs such as these are important because they create new markets for working artists, expand mutual understanding, and raise the profile of each participating U.S. region and country. To address this ongoing gap, the NEA’s Performing Arts Discovery program supports U.S. Regional Arts Organizations (RAOs) to undertake performing arts platforms in their region that will showcase the work of U.S. performing artists for presenters1 based outside of this country.
Continue reading #FundingFriday: New Opportunities from the National Endowment for the Arts
This week’s edition of #FundingFriday highlights federal programs supporting food and nutrition.
- Department of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Service
- Closing Date: January 28, 2019
- School Nutrition Training Grant for AlliedProfessional Organizations funds will assist allied professional organizations in planning, developing, promoting, delivering, and evaluating a workforce development and training initiative to provide skills-based training and technical assistance for school nutrition professionals to strengthen school meals program operators’ competencies, knowledge, and skills within one or more of the eight (8) key functional areas.
Continue reading Funding Friday: Federal Grants Supporting Nutrition
This week’s edition of #FundingFriday highlights grant programs from the National Endowment for the Humanities, National Park Service, and National Science Foundation. These programs support humanities-related research, preservation and expression.
- National Endowment for the Humanities
- Current Closing Date for Applications: November 15, 2018
- The National Endowment for the Humanities offers the Dialogues on the Experience of War (Dialogues) program as part of its current initiative, Standing Together: The Humanities and the Experience of War. The program supports the study and discussion of important humanities sources about war, in the belief that these sources can help U.S. military veterans and others think more deeply about the issues raised by war and military service. Dialogues is primarily designed to reach military veterans; however, men and women in active service, military families, and interested members of the public may also participate.
Continue reading #FundingFriday: Federal Grant Opportunities Supporting the Humanities, Languages and History
A memorandum released by the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) on September 5, 2018, outlined a range of steps that the Federal Government is taking to reduce grant recipient reporting burden. You can read the memo in full here.
Below, we highlight a few of the key takeaways relevant to the federal grants community:
Continue reading Federal Grants Policy: 5 Highlights from OMB Memo M-18-24
September is National Preparedness Month, and so for this week’s edition of #FundingFriday we are highlighting federal preparedness and assistance resources relating to natural disasters caused by storms like Hurricane Florence, which has been battering North and South Carolina.
Continue reading #FundingFriday: Hurricane Florence & Disaster Assistance
This week’s edition of #FundingFriday features a range of federal grants supporting libraries, museums and translation.
Institute of Museum and Library Services
National Leadership Grants for Libraries support projects that enhance the quality of library and archives services nationwide by advancing theory and practice.
Closing Date: March 20, 2019
Continue reading #FundingFriday: 5 Federal Grants Supporting Literacy and Cultural Preservation
In October, Grants.gov will bring a set of enhancements and updates to improve the user experience with Release 16.3. Here are a few highlights:
Grants.gov will enhance security in the password reset process with an email authentication step.
Continue reading Release 16.3 Preview: Related Opportunities, Password Reset & More
This week’s edition of #FundingFriday highlights a range of education-related funding opportunity announcements (FOAs) by federal grant-making agencies.
You can keep up with the latest FOAs by downloading the official Grants.gov mobile app for Android and iOS devices.
- National Science Foundation
- Closing Date: October 1, 2018
- The fields of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) hold much promise as sectors of the economy where we can expect to see continuous vigorous growth in the coming decades. STEM job creation is expected to outpace non-STEM job creation significantly, according to the Commerce Department, reflecting the importance of STEM knowledge to the US economy. The National Science Foundation (NSF) plays a leadership role in development and implementation of efforts to enhance and improve STEM education in the United States. Through the NSF Improving Undergraduate STEM Education (IUSE) initiative, the agency continues to make a substantial commitment to the highest caliber undergraduate STEM education through a Foundation-wide framework of investments.
Continue reading #FundingFriday: Back-to-School Edition