Every month, hundreds of federal funding opportunity announcements (FOAs) are published on Grants.gov. The programs represented range widely across categories like space science, healthcare, law enforcement, job training, human rights, climate change and much, much more.
In this post, we highlight ten of the most-viewed funding opportunity announcements from 2019. (Note: Some of these opportunities have already closed and are no longer accepting applications.)
These ten FOAs are reflective of the vast array of opportunities published on Grants.gov every week. If you’d like to keep up with the funding opportunity announcements posted on Grants.gov, you can create saved searches for each area of interest. You will be notified when an opportunity matching your interest is published.
Continue reading Federal Funding Spotlight – Ten of the Most Viewed FOAs of 2019
This week’s edition of Federal Funding Spotlight contains a curated list of open opportunities in the fields of science and technology, including opportunities from the National Science Foundation, NASA, the Department of Defense and the Department of Commerce.
Click here for a list of the latest funding opportunity announcements published on Grants.gov.
- National Science Foundation | Current Closing Date for Applications: December 6, 2019
- The Centers of Research Excellence in Science and Technology (CREST) program provides support to enhance the research capabilities of minority-serving institutions (MSI) through the establishment of centers that effectively integrate education and research.
Continue reading Federal Funding Spotlight: Open Opportunities in Science and Technology
This week’s edition of Federal Funding Spotlight 🔦 features opportunities from the Department of the Interior, Department of Energy, USAID, and the National Science Foundation.
Department of the Interior, Office of Surface Mining | Current Closing Date for Applications: September 30, 2019
The Not-for-Profit, Acid Mine Drainage (AMD) Reclamation – Watershed Cooperative Agreement Program (WCAP) aims to restore streams affected by AMD to a level that will support a diverse biological community and provide recreational opportunities for communities.
Continue reading Federal Funding Spotlight: Opportunities from USAID, National Science Foundation & More
This edition of Federal Funding Spotlight features a list of recent opportunities open to state government applicants. The programs discussed below aim to:
- Expand public understanding of the connections between music and wellness;
- Make research contributions in the area of Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias;
- Address the problems fish and wildlife will face in the future;
- Help communities and regions devise and implement long-term economic recovery strategies.
Continue reading Spotlight: Recent Federal Funding Opportunities Open to State Governments
In this edition of Federal Funding Spotlight, we are highlighting recent Grants.gov tweets about open funding opportunities from the National Endowment for the Arts, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, and more.
Click the link below each tweet for a full list of the agency’s current open funding opportunities on Grants.gov.
Continue reading Federal Funding Spotlight: Twitter Edition
This week’s edition of Federal Funding Spotlight 🔦 focuses on new opportunities from the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) supporting:
- National public health laboratories internationally
- Research into Alzheimer’s-Disease-Related Dementias
- Outstanding graduate students recognized for a strong interest in pursuing careers as independent cancer researchers, and more.
Continue reading Federal Funding 🔦 Spotlight: New Opportunities Supporting Public Health
This week’s edition of Federal Funding Spotlight 🔦 focuses on opportunities from the Small Business Administration, the Department of Commerce, the Department of Agriculture and the Department of Defense. These opportunities support…
- Entrepreneurship training for service-disabled veterans
- Cooperative research involving commercial and recreational fishermen
- Natural resource conservation practices throughout West Virginia, and more!
Visit Grants.gov to browse and search through a complete list of federal funding opportunity announcements.
Small Business Administration 🔦 Current Closing Date for Applications: July 24, 2019
This program supports entrepreneurship training to veteran small business owners and entrepreneurs, with a special emphasis on entrepreneurship instruction to service-disabled veteran small business owners and entrepreneurs.
Continue reading The Latest in Federal Grants: Entrepreneurship Training for Veterans, Micro-Enterprise Support for Native American Firms & More
This post was originally published on April 17, 2017 and updated on July 3, 2019.
Federal financial assistance is the transfer of anything of value, most often money, from a federal agency to a non-federal entity.
In the most general sense, federal financial assistance is a tool the government uses to serve public purposes as defined by Congress.
Federal financial assistance is a very broad term, and it can take on a variety of more precise forms.
- One of the most common forms is a grant, which we write about quite often on this blog.
- Other examples of federal financial assistance include cooperative agreements, donations of property, direct appropriations, food commodities, loans, interest subsidies, and insurance.
- Each type of federal financial assistance serves different purposes and has different legal and regulatory frameworks that govern how that specific assistance can be used.
Continue reading What Is Federal Financial Assistance? [Updated]
This edition of Federal Funding Spotlight 🔦 highlights open opportunities from the U. S. Departments of State, Education, and Commerce supporting…
- Upcoming United Nations-related cyber events of strategic importance
- Innovative partnerships to train school-based mental health services providers
- Schools in communities with pervasive violence, and more!
Visit the Grants.gov Search page to browse a complete list of open opportunities.
Department of State, Office of the Secretary | Current Closing Date for Applications: August 9, 2019
The U.S. Department of State’s Office of the Coordinator for Cyber Issues (S/CCI) announces an open competition for organizations to submit applications for a program to support upcoming United Nations-related cyber events of strategic importance – in particular, meetings related to the UN Group of Governmental Experts and the UN Open Ended Working Group. The purpose of this award is to support travel, lodging and other logistics for civilian government officials to participate in these key cyber-related discussions, as well as other UN events that may discuss non-security cyber issues of concern (e.g. Internet governance, cybercrime, and Internet freedom). The recipient will also develop an online training course, which aims to provide foundational understandings on core U.S. cyber policy concepts for foreign civilian government officials, particularly regarding international security and stability in cyberspace.
Continue reading Federal Funding Spotlight 🔦: Security in Cyberspace, Training for Mental Health Service Providers & More
This edition of Federal Funding Spotlight marks the arrival of summer with a curated collection of funding opportunities from the Department of the Interior that support…
- our national parks 🏕
- wildlife preservation 🦉
- public land conservation efforts 🌅
- youth engagement 🏃🏾♀️ , and more!
Continue reading The Latest in Federal Grants Supporting Our 🏕 National Parks and 🏜 Public Lands